ATV and UTV Safety Training at METI prepares you to operate your All Terrain Vehicle and Utility Task Vehicle safely. Training uses instruction and practice to coach you to safely operate your quad or side-by-side. All Terrain Vehicles or ATV’s are known as quads, quad bikes, three-wheelers, four-wheelers, or quadricycles. ATV’s are vehicles that travel on low-pressure tires, with a seat that is straddled by the operator, along with handlebars for steering control. Utility Task Vehicle or Utility Terrain Vehicle, also known as UTV’s are more commonly known as side- by- sides. These off-road vehicles have also been referred to as ROV’s or Recreational Off highway Vehicles. ATV and UTV Safety Training is essential for anyone who uses these vehicles for work purposes, for recreation or who are young or new to the off-road experience. Also encouraged to take this training are supervisors, safety officers and managers who put their employees on mobile equipment within the workplace.
ATV & UTV Safety Training Benefits
- Canada Safety Council certified course, put on by industry-experienced and certified instructor
- Instruction in hazards and safe operating techniques
- Learn to control the off-road vehicle
- Get training in pre-ride checklists, appropriate attire, moving off and stopping, braking and balancing techniques, Slow speed controls, Traversing hills and traveling on rough terrains
- Upon completion of this ATV & UTV Safety Course, you will be registered with the Canada Safety Council.
ATV and UTV Safety Training Details
- The participant must be bring their own vehicle, as per the Nova Scotia Off Highway Vehicle Act.
- Gloves, over the ankle boots, long pants and long sleevs, helmets with visor or goggles are also expected to be brought by the student.
- These courses are run independently of each other, and will be offered on different days.