BASICS.fst Training – Basic Food Safety Training
BASICS.fst Training – Basic Food Safety Training trains workers in the food service industry to safely and effectively prepare and handle food.
METI’s training is offered in conjunction with Traincan, and is Based on the Canadian Food Retail and Food Services Regulations and Code, Health Canada and CFIA.
Our Course will train you to safely perform these duties and more. Properly handling food involves such activities as using the proper techniques for cleaning, separating, storing, preparing, thawing, cooking, chilling, using the appropriate equipment, serving and many more.
You can’t see, smell, or taste harmful bacteria that may cause illness. Train to safely work in every step of food preparation with this one day Food Safety Training course.
Training is offered at our location or we can bring the Food Safety Training course to your location.
BASICS.fst Training Key Benefits
- BASICS.fst Training – Basic Food Safety Training gives you instruction from our industry-experienced and certified food safety instructors.
- Get instruction in safe steps in food handling, cooking, and storage are essential to prevent foodborne illness.
- Become certified in the Basics for Handling Food Safely.
BASICS.fst Training Ticket/Certificate
Upon completion of this training, you will receive a wallet-size Ticket/Certificate that will show prospective employers that you have the right credentials.
We keep your records on file permanently. Feel free to have your prospective employer contact METI to confirm your Certificate.
Other courses METI delivers that prepare you for the food service industry:
- Fundamentals for Success in the Service Industry
- Advanced Service Industry Workplace Skills
- GHS 2015 WHMIS Training
- Standard First Aid Training – Level C with CPR Training & AED Training (2 Day)
- Emergency First Aid Training – Level A with CPR Training & AED Training (1 Day)