Cargo Securement and Handling Training – NSC Standard 10
Cargo Securement and Handling Training – NSC Standard 10 prepares you to safely and effectively handle, load, unload and secure cargo.
Our training trains you to reduce the number of accidents caused by cargo shifting on or within, or falling from a commercial motor vehicle. Cargo Securement and Handling Training is a comprehensive study of the requirements and industry practices associated with safely securing loads.
Designed in line with The National Safety Code Standard 10, gives the guidelines for safely securing loads to commercial vehicles. For the purposes of cargo securement requirements, this standard was created to ensure the safety of drivers, employees, and the motoring public. We train you to be in compliance with The Department of Transportation and Infrastructure Renewal places regulations for Cargo Securement.
Safely load and secure specific types of commodities, and inspect a secured load for compliance with the North American Cargo Securement Standard:
- Dressed Lumber
- Metal Coils
- Paper Rolls
- Concrete Pipe
- Intermodal Containers
- Vehicles as Cargo
- Roll-on/roll-off and Hook Lift Containers
Cargo Securement and Handling Training – NSC Standard 10 Key Benefits
Components of Cargo Securement and Handling Training – NSC Standard 10 includes:
- Training on how to apply the securement requirements in the North American Cargo Securement Standard (NSC 10)
- Gain a working knowledge of regulatory standards and best industry practices
- Learn the components of a securement system
- Study vehicle structure
- Learn about securing devices
- Training in containing, immobilizing and securing cargo
- Instruction on how to transport cargo in standard
- Hands- on practice in loading and restraining the cargo correctly
- Training in adequate securing devices
- Distinguish between Aggregate working load limit and Total working load limit
- Learn inspection requirements
Your Cargo Securement and Handling Ticket/Certificate
Upon completion of this training, you will receive a wallet-size Ticket/Certificate that will show prospective employers that you have the right credentials.
We keep your records on file permanently. Feel free to have your prospective employer contact METI to confirm your certificate.