< Back to Courses Alberta Flag Person Training – Alberta Flagger Training
Alberta Flag Person Training – Alberta Flagger Training trains and certifies you to work as a “flagger” in the province of Alberta.
Training is delivered in conjunction with the Alberta Construction Safety Association and trains you in safe work practices associated with traffic control, as prescribed by Alberta Transportation and Utilities.
Many work sites in Alberta are seeking trained and certified “Flaggers” who can safely control traffic. You can get certified in Alberta Flag Person Training, here at home before you go “out west”.
Alberta Flag Person Training – Alberta Flagger Training Key Benefits
Alberta Flag Person Training – Alberta Flagger Training provides you with the training industry is looking for:
- Train before you go to Alberta
- Instruction from industry-experienced and certified instructor on:
- Pre-plan all traffic control sites
- Employer and employee responsibilities
- Equipment and apparel
- 2-way radio use
- Night time operation
- Plan an escape route
- Stand alone
- Never leave the station unattended
- Never wave the paddle
- Keep signs clean and in good condition
- Remove or cover signs when not in use
- Never stand or walk in the path of moving vehicles
- No personal radios or other distractions at traffic control sites
- Know what is happening
- Check to make sure your signs are in place
- Use eye contact to get driver’s attention
- Stay alert
Your Alberta Flag Person – Alberta Flagger Ticket/Certificate
Upon completion of this program, you will receive a wallet-size Ticket/Certificate, that will show you have the credentials.
We keep your records on file permanently. Feel free to have your prospective employer contact METI to confirm your Albert Flag Person/Flagger Certification.