< Back to Courses Asbestos Abatement Training
Asbestos Abatement Training Prepares you to select the most appropriate techniques for the safe abatement of asbestos-containing materials and to safely and effectively remove asbestos containing material.
Our Asbestos Abatement Course also gives you comprehensive information on asbestos and asbestos containing materials (ACM), identifying asbestos containing material, the health hazards of coming into contact with asbestos, requirements for worker protection, categories of planned asbestos work, safe work procedures including glovebag work procedures and applicable legislation.
Work practices and precautions vary considerably with the type of material being
removed, the amount of asbestos it contains, its condition and location. The objective of this
Asbestos Abatement Course is to present best practices in asbestos abatement that are to be followed in industry today.
Along with classroom based training from industry experienced instructors, our Asbestos Abatement Course allows you to perform safe asbestos abatement work procedures in a simulated asbestos abatement training facility.
Asbestos Abatement Training Key Benefits
Asbestos Abatement certification provides you with the training industry is looking for:
- Instruction from asbestos abatement industry experienced trainers
- Where to locate asbestos containing material
- Hazards and health effects of asbestos
- Training in Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3 Asbestos Abatement projects
- Decontamination Requirements
- Employer’s and Worker’s Responsibility when Working with Asbestos
- PPE including Air Purifying Respirator Use
- Safe Work Practices including Glovebag procedures
- Site Safety
- Hands-on training
Your Asbestos Abatement Ticket/Certificate
Upon completion of this training, you will receive a wallet-size Ticket/Certificate, that will show you have the credentials.
We keep your records on file permanently. Feel free to have your prospective employer contact METI to confirm your Asbestos Abatement Certification.