< Back to Courses Fall Protection Training
Fall Protection Training at METI is designed and developed for anyone who works at heights over 10 feet (3 meters).
Fall Protection Training will enable you to effectively use fall protection systems, including fall arrest and fall restraint. Train to manage the risks of working at heights and assess and control hazards related to working at heights.
Working at heights is a common activity, but it can pose serious hazards. Falls can result in severe injuries or fatalities. Our training follows Nova Scotia Workplace Health & Safety regulations and trains you to manage the risks of working at heights.
With METI, you will learn to assess and control hazards related to working at heights, including fall prevention and fall protection.
Many work sites, whether within processing, manufacturing, construction or oil and gas, require the training to safely work at heights. Having Fall Protection Training from METI will give you the skills to succeed.
Fall Protection Training Benefits
METI provides you with the training industry is looking for:
- Instruction from industry-experienced and certified instructor
- The training required in Nova Scotia Workplace Health & Safety Regulations (WHSR’s) code of Practice section 21.10 to and including section 21.20 that pertain to fall protection
- Identify work situations that require fall protection measures be taken
- Describe the different types of falls
- List and describe ways of eliminating or controlling fall hazards
- Identify fall hazards and recommend appropriate fall protection and fall arrest measures
- Use all fall protection equipment & rescue equipment (Donning, Doffing, Inspection, Cleaning)
- You will be deemed a “competent person” for Fall Protection Training purposes
- An overview of Fall Protection Plans and Policies
- Hands-on application of fall protection equipment
This Fall Protection Course is recommended for employers, managers, and supervisors, including those who manage contractors. Workers and contractors who perform work at heights, as well as health and safety committee members, will also benefit from taking this Fall Protection Training.
Your Fall Protection Training Ticket/Certificate
Upon completion of this training, you will receive a wallet-size Ticket/Certificate that will show prospective employers that you have the right credentials.
We keep your records on file permanently. Feel free to have your prospective employer contact METI to confirm your certificate.