< Back to Courses H2S Alive Training Course – Enform
H2S Alive Training Course – Enform prepares you to work safely in and around hydrogen sulfide (H2S) environments.
Training is designed for any worker who may be exposed to H2S. As the industry standard in Canada and recognized around the world, students will learn how to work safely in and around hydrogen sulphide (H2S) environments and receive a 3 year certificate.
Our course is designed for all workers in the petroleum industry who could be exposed to hydrogen sulphide H2S.
- H2S properties, Health Hazards and Locations – Including worker exposure limits
- Hazard Assessment and Control – Including H2S case studies
- Respiratory Protective Equipment – Including Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus
- Detection of H2S – Gas detection demonstrations with various detection devices
- Initial Response Strategy – 7 steps; including 4 rescue techniques and case studies
Many work sites, whether within processing, manufacturing, construction or oil and gas, are contaminated by “sour gas”. Take this H2S Alive Training Course – Enform with METI before you travel out west.
Hydrogen sulfide, with the chemical composition of H2S, is a clear gas that can cause great sickness at low-level exposure and death at high exposure either by amount or time.
Hydrogen sulfide can be found naturally and in industrial settings. It is commonly found near refineries, oil and gas exploration facilities or drilling rigs, manure pits, bogs or swamps, hot springs, sewage treatment facilities and manholes, among others.
If you or your workers are in a enclosed or semi-enclosed space around these natural or industrial areas, you should be trained.
H2S Alive Course – Enform Benefits
At METI, we give you the H2S Alive Certificate and the skills industry is looking for:
- Instruction from industry-experienced and certified instructor (Enform endorsed)
- Instruction in properties and hazards of H2S
- Protection from H2S
- Basic rescue techniques
- Hands-on experience that includes: Operating a self-contained breathing apparatus, Performing rescue lift and drag exercises, Perform rescue lift and drag exercises
Your H2S Alive Training Ticket/Certificate
Upon completion of this H2S Alive Program, you will receive a wallet-size H2S Alive Ticket/Certificate, that will show prospective employers that you have the credentials.
Employers may require confirmation of your H2S Alive Certificate. We keep your records on file permanently. Feel free to have your prospective employer contact METI to confirm your H2S Alive Certification.