< Back to Courses Incident Investigation Training
METI’s Incident Investigation Training is a one day comprehensive course which features investigation concepts and techniques.
Our training will prepare you to employ investigation techniques in order to discover primary, secondary and root causes of incidents and to determine corrective actions to prevent similar mishaps at the work site.
- Introduction to Incident Investigation
- Launching the Investigation
- Collecting Evidence
- Finding Causes
- The Incident Report
- Corrective Action
Why does a workplace accident need an investigation?
- To find out the cause of accidents and to prevent similar accidents in the future
- To fulfill any legal requirements
- To determine the cost of an accident
- To determine compliance with applicable safety regulations
- To process workers’ compensation claims
Key Benefits to METI’s Incident Investigation Training
Our Incident Investigation Training provides the training the industry is looking for:
- Delivered by industry-experienced instructors
- Case studies and scenarios
- Root cause analysis
- Determining and assigning corrective action
By the end of this training program, you should be able to:
- Define terms and concepts associated with incident investigation
- Initiate an incident investigation
- Collect evidence at an incident scene
- Determine the cause(s) of an incident
- Complete an incident report
- Assign corrective action to avoid the re-occurrence of the incident
Your Incident Investigation Ticket/Certificate
Upon completion of this program, you will receive a wallet-size Incident Investigation Ticket/Certificate, that will show prospective employers that you have the credentials.
Employers may require confirmation of your Incident Investigation Certification. We keep your records on file permanently. Feel free to have your prospective employer contact METI to confirm your Incident Investigation Certification.
Please contact us at (902) 539-9766, or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to book your seat in our next class.