< Back to Courses Trenching & Excavating Awareness
Trenching & Excavation Awareness
If you are working on a work site that has either trenches or excavations, you need M.E.T.I.’s Trenching & Excavation Awareness.
By taking Trenching & Excavation Awareness, you will be able to distinguish the characteristics and hazards that exist in trenches and excavations.
Excavations have been described as any man-made cut, cavity, trench, or depression in the earth’s surface formed by earth removal. This can include excavations for anything from cellars to highways.
A trench is defined as a narrow underground excavation that is deeper than it is wide.
M.E.T.I.’s Trenching & Excavation Awareness will prepare you for work in and around trenches and excavations by providing you with instruction on soil testing, regulations, and industry standards and how to identify and control hazards.
Key Benefits to M.E.T.I.’s Awareness Training
Our Trenching & Excavating Awareness certification provides you with the training industry is looking for:
- Instruction from industry-experienced and certified instructor
- How to properly conduct soil tests (visual & manual)
- OSHA regulations for shoring, sloping, benching and trench boxes
- Identify and control hazardous atmospheres lurking inside trenches
- Identify and control hazards that are common with confined spaces
Participants must be physically capable of performing the required exercises to pass the program.