If you are required to utilize fall protection equipment on Oil Sands Sites you must have Energy Safety Canada Fall Protection Training and be competent in the proper use, care and maintenance of fall protection equipment. METI’s training includes practical exercises, class discussion, DVD presentation, written knowledge test, and a practical exam.
Energy Safety Canada Fall Protection Training
Upon successful completion of the training program, you will be knowledgeable and/or demonstrate proficiency in:
- Eliminating fall hazards
- Legislation & standards pertaining to fall protection
- Employer and worker responsibilities
- Recent statistical information, workplace incidents, and the need for training
- Methods of eliminating, analyzing, preventing, and controlling falls
- Rescue and escape planning
- Pre-use visual inspections
- Reporting deficiencies
- Impact forces; Fall clearance
- Fall protection systems
- Fall protection system components
Your Energy Safety Canada Fall Protection Training Ticket/Certificate
Upon completion of this program, you will receive a wallet-size Ticket/Certificate, that will show prospective employers that you have the credentials. Employers may require confirmation of your Certificate. We keep your records on file permanently. Feel free to have your prospective employer contact METI to confirm your certification.
Other Energy Safety Canada/OSSA Training Programs Offered by METI
Oil Sands Safety Training (OSSA), OSSA Confined Space Entry & Monitoring Training, Energy Safety Canada Fall Protection Training, OSSA Fire Watch (Spark Watch) Training, OSSA Elevated Work Platform Training, Common Safety Orientation (BSO). Back to our Safety Training.