Joint Occupational Health & Safety Representative – JOHS Training
METI’s Joint Occupational Health & Safety Representative – JOHS Training provides instruction on how to establish and maintain an effective committee and explains the roles and functions of committees and representatives.
Training provides practical and relevant introductory training to Joint Occupational Health and Safety Committees and Safety Representatives while providing information on why committees are required, and the importance of health and safety law as it applies to your workplace.
Participants will be given tools and information that can have an immediate impact on workplace health and safety, by delivering instruction for committees and representatives in all provinces and territories as well as those in the Federal Jurisdiction.4.
JOHS Training Course Modules include:
- Health and Safety Legislation and Jurisdiction
- The Internal Responsibility System
- Establishing a Health and Safety Committee and Selecting Representatives
- Roles and functions of Health and Safety Committees and Representatives
- Terms of Reference
- Handling Complaints
- Hazard Identification and Risk Assessments
- Workplace Inspections
- Work Refusals
Training delivered by industry-experienced instructors who prepare participants to:
- Fulfill their duties as a Committee member or Representative
- Respond to workplace concerns and complaints
- Investigate matters related to health and safety
- Assist in resolving workplace issues
- Identify and implement steps to control workplace hazards
- Know where to find the best possible sources of health and safety information
- Provide an immediate impact on workplace health and safety
- Sample forms and checklists to help you complete tasks at your workplace
Your Joint Occupational Health & Safety Representative – JOHS Ticket/Certificate
Upon completion of this program, you will receive a wallet-size Ticket/Certificate, that will show you have the credentials.
We keep your records on file permanently. Feel free to have your prospective employer contact METI to confirm your certification.