Nitrogen Handling Online Course
METI’s Nitrogen Handling Online Course gives you instruction in everything you need to know about this colorless industrial chemical.
Our Nitrogen Handling Online Course will prepare you to work safely with nitrogen by training you in nitrogen hazards, properties, common uses and recommended safe work practices.
Nitrogen is commonly used in industry to control polluted environments, to destroy toxic liquids and vapors in industrial tools and as an oxidation reaction catalyst.
Nitrogen is a nontoxic, ordorless, colorless, tasteless non-flammable gas. 78% (by volume) of the air we breathe is nitrogen. Oxygen constitutes approximately 21%. When Nitrogen concentrations increase (eg: when purging equipment) and the oxygen levels drop below
19.5%, rapid suffocation can occur.
While some chemicals or substances may effect some of us to a greater degree than it will others based on our tolerance to the substance, Nitrogen will not. Nitrogen will effect every individual the same way: it displaces oxygen. Without enough oxygen, we die.
Inhalation of a Nitrogen enriched atmosphere (ie: loss of oxygen) may cause dizziness, drowsiness, nausea, vomiting, excess salivation, diminished mental alertness, loss of consciousness, and ultimately: death. Nitrogen gas is classified as a “simple asphyxiant”.
Nitrogen Handling Online Course Key Benefits
- Employees trained via eLearning bring in 26% more revenue
- eLearning training requires 40-60% less employee time than alternatives
- The eLearning industry has grown over 900% since 2000
- METI’s popular online safety training is industry-approved
- Our online courses are designed and developed by our professional program development team and are geared to adult learners
- Our online courses save you time and money
- You and your team can train anywhere, anytime with our online courses
- Our online courses are mobile responsive, which means you can take them on tablets, iPads or smart phones
Nitrogen Handling Online Course Registration