OSSA Fire Watch (Spark Watch) Training is required for workers intending to serve as a Fire Watch at any OSSA worksite. OSSA Fire Watch is approximately eight hours in duration and includes an instructor-led presentation, review exercises, class discussion, written knowledge test and practical exam.
Learning Objectives of OSSA Fire Watch TrainingUpon successful completion of the training program, you will be knowledgeable and/or demonstrate proficiency in:
- Legislation & standards pertaining to fire hazards;
- Fire Watch planning;
- Types of Extinguishers, Agents, and Classification;
- Types of Fires, Classifications, and Behaviours;
- Operation of Fire Extinguishers; and
- Fire Watch Duties and Responsibilities.