METI’s Pole Top Rescue Training prepares you to safely lower an injured worker from a pole top in the event of an incident or injury. Whether you are a seasoned lineman or new to the industry, Pole Top Rescue Training is a valuable asset to add to your skill set. Pole Top Rescue Training is an essential part of the training required by anyone working on poles. Safely rescuing a fellow worker could mean the difference between life and death. Train to systematically perform pole top rescue by evaluating the situation while being protected from injury, climbing into position, determining the victim’s condition and safely getting the victim to the ground. METI’s Pole Top Rescue Course is facilitated either at your job site or at at our training facility. Our modern training facility is centrally located in Sydney, Nova Scotia and occupies 18,000 square feet along with a modern training yard, measuring 2.5 acres, making it an ideal setting. Training is delivered in a real-world setting, using the tools and equipment used by Pole Top Rescue professionals, such as a primary pole belt with a pole choker and a secondary belt. Paul Donovan, graduate of METI’s Environmental Health and Safety Technician Diploma (2013) is now working in Cape Breton as Safety Supervisor with Seaside Communications. Like many graduates, Paul often returns to METI to take our quality training. Paul is seen here taking Pole Top Rescue Training from METI in October.
Pole Top Rescue Training BenefitsOur Pole Top Rescue Course gives you the training industry is looking for:
- Instruction and training from our industry-experienced and certified instructors
- Discuss and interpret current legislation
- Identify hazards
- Inspection and maintenance of pole- climbing equipment
- Inspection and maintenance of pole top rescue equipment
- Hands-on Pole Top Rescue in our controlled environment
Pole Top Rescue Training Prerequisites
- Participants must be physically capable of performing the required exercises to pass the program.
- Current Fall Protection Certification
- CSA work boots
- Body belt/ climbing harness
- Pole choker
- Second positioning strap