The trucking industry is a stable and growing sector that is looking for qualified Class 1 operators. Receive the certifications you’ll need to work right here, in Nova Scotia or ‘turn-arounds’ in western Canada. METI’s Training gives you over 50 hours Behind the Wheel time and many certifications. You will be ready to work as a long-haul driver, bulk goods driver, delivery truck driver, tanker truck driver and flatbed driver.
Approved by Nova Scotia Department of Labour & Advanced Education and the Atlantic Trucking Human Resource Sector Council. METI is a Licensed Driver Training School in accordance with the Motor Vehicle Act. Course graduates have the knowledge, skills, and certification needed to meet the industry demands of a Class 1 Operator.
Our Class 1 Driver Course gives you MORE training, includes certifications from a number of nationally recognized organizations, including the Oil Sands Safety Association (OSSA), Energy Safety Canada, Alberta Construction Safety Association (ACSA), Nova Scotia Dept. of Transportation, Canada Safety Council, Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS), and St. John Ambulance, exceeding the requirements of the THRSC (Trucking Human Resource Sector Council). Located in Sydney, Nova Scotia, METI is a licensed Class 1 Driver Training School in accordance with the Motor Vehicle Act.
What to Expect
- Our instructors have over 30 years’ combined experience.
- We train in a modern campus, complete with modern amenities.
- The Class 1 Driver course has no application fee.
- Our program is competitively priced at $9950. (Includes Books, Air Brake Endorsement and Access Nova Scotia License upgrades)
- You get 55 hours of Behind the Wheel driving time.
- We prepare you for the Air Brake and Driver Knowledge Test.
- You will gain a competitive edge by receiving Class 1 Driver Certificates and the industry recognized safety training certificates listed in the course outline.
- Our support continues long after you have completed your training. We strive to provide Class 1 Driver Training – Tractor Trailer Program graduates with information on career opportunities and career advancement.
Train on our late model Freightliner “Cascadias”, which are modern, industry standard highway tractors.
- WHMIS GHS Training
- Occupational Health & Safety (OH&S) Training
- Standard First Aid Training, CPR & AED Level C (St. John Ambulance)
- TDG Training
- Professional Driver Improvement Course (PDIC) Training
- Air Brakes Training
- OSSA Basic Safety Orientation (BSO)
- Construction Safety Training Systems (CSTS) Training
- H2S Alive Training (Enform)
- Pre-Trip Inspection and Coupling Training
- Truck Driver Life Skills Training
- Computers Basics Training
- Career Development Training
- Tractor Trailer Driving Basics
- Tractor Trailer Systems Training
- Field and Maneuvering Skills Training
- Class 1 Driver – Practical – Behind The Wheel (BTW) Training
METI developed this 4-week module to comply with the Atlantic Canada Trucking Industry Class 1 Professional Truck Driver Training Public and Private Training Institute Standards. During the 4 week internship, the student will receive a minimum of 100 HRS behind the wheel (BTW) time.
Class 1 Driver Training – Tractor Trailer Program features our late model Freightliner “Cascadias”(as shown), which are modern, industry standard highway tractors. Students use this air brake equipped vehicle which has an 18-speed transmission and a 500 hp diesel fueled engine. Students will learn the basic operations of the vehicle and its legal requirements for “Hours of Service Regulation”, pre-trip requirements, maintenance and safe highway operation.
Along with the above tractor, our training also uses a 48 Foot, Wilson Tri-Axle flat deck trailer. This trailer allows for quick and easy loading of goods. It is used to transport heavy loads that are not delicate or vulnerable to precipitation such as construction equipment and also for abnormal loads that require more space than is available for a closed body trailer.
METI also has a 53 foot Van Trailer. It is the industry standard for carrying common, commercial goods and commodities.
Class 1 Ticket/Certificate/Licence
Whether you are looking for a Class 1 Ticket, Certificate, or Driver Licence, this is the correct course. Upon completion of METI’s Class 1 Driver Training – Tractor Trailer Program, you will receive a Class 1 Ticket, recognized across North America. It will show prospective employers that you have the right credentials. You will be ready to work anywhere a Class 1 license is required. Long haul driver, bulk goods driver, delivery truck driver, tanker truck driver or flatbed driver, we have you covered.
Did you know?
We keep your records on file permanently. Feel free to have your prospective employer contact METI to confirm your Class 1 Driver Certificate if they require it.
One of our Class 1 Driver training vehicles is seen here delivering METI Scaffold gear, on its way to a shutdown at NS Power. Click here to apply
Class 1 Prerequisites are easy to meet.
Enrollment and Financing Options
Our Admissions team is here to help you with any enrollment questions you have about the ADMISSION PROCESS, and to provide information about FINANCING OPTIONS that may be available to you. Contact our admissions team today: 902-539-9766, (toll free) 1-877-800-6384 or email email@example.com
Back to Programs