< Back to Programs Construction & Oilfield Driver – Class 3
METI’s 7 week Construction & Oilfield Driver – Class 3 program was developed with input from industry professionals who continue to work with us, ensuring that you have the most hirable skills in the industry. Your Nova Scotia Driver License will upgrade to a Class 3 Driver License which will include an Air Brakes Endorsement. You will be trained and certified for specialized jobs across Canada as well as here in Nova Scotia. Be trained to drive tandom trucks, cement trucks, fuel trucks, flatbed, vac truck operator, oilfield swamper and more.
What to Expect from METI’s Class 3 Driver Training
Our Construction & Oilfield Driver Class 3 Program is 7-weeks of instruction from our industry-experienced training team with hands-on-training in METI’s Class 3 vehicles.
The total cost of this Training Course is $5995.00 – this includes books, Air Brake Endorsement, Access Nova Scotia license upgrades and basic personal protective equipment.
METI’s Construction & Oilfield Driver program is an approved certification by the Nova Scotia Department of Labour & Advanced Education.
We are a licensed Class 3 Driver Training School in accordance with the Motor Vehicle Act.
Our Class 3 Driver Course Gives you MORE
Training includes certifications from a number of nationally recognized organizations, including the Oil Sands Safety Association (OSSA), Enform, Alberta Construction Safety Association (ACSA), Nova Scotia Dept. of Transportation, Canada Safety Council, Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS), and St. John Ambulance.
- Air Brakes
- OSSA Basic Safety Orientation (BSO)
- Cargo Securement
- Vacuum Truck
- Class 3 Driver
- OSSA Confined Space Entry & Monitor
- Flag Person (Alberta)
- OSSA Fall Protection
- Forklift Operator Safety
- Power Line Hazards
- Hazard Assessment
- H2S Alive (Enform)
- Occupational Health & Safety, OH&S
- WHMIS GHS Training
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG)
- Oilfield Transportation (“Swamper”) Training
- Construction Safety Training Systems (CSTS) (ACSA)
- Professional Driver Improvement Course (PDIC) (Canada Safety Council)
- Ground Disturbance Level 201 Supervisory Course
- Standard First Aid with CPR/AED, Level C (St. John’s Ambulance)
A view of the cab of one of our late model Freightliner Cascadias
Our Driver Training Course includes training on a modern, industry standard highway tractor, like our 2012 Freightliner Cascadia.
More Benefits To Taking Our Class 3 Driver Training
- Our Construction & Oilfield Driver Training Course gives you the opportunity to operate both 13- speed and 18-speed trucks which better prepares you for the workforce.
- The Construction and Oilfield Driver Program will give you a competitive advantage as a trained and certified professional driver.
- Many Oilfield employees are required to have certification in H2S Alive, First Aid, WHMIS and Ground Disturbance 201, as well as their Class 3 license which are all included in the program. You will get them with us.
- Class 3 equipment that you will use on the jobsite and knowledgeable instructors provide an ideal educational atmosphere for all students, ensuring optimal preparedness for you.
Joe Pembroke is seen here addressing Construction & Oilfield Driver – Class 3 Driver Training grads.
Your Class 3 Driver Ticket/Certificate
Upon completion of this course, you will receive a wallet size Class 3 Driver Ticket, that will show prospective employers that you have the right credentials. If your prospective employer requires your certificate, we keep your records on file permanently. Have them contact METI to confirm you have a Class 3 Driver Certificate.
What do you need to apply?
- A completed application form
- A completed Nova Scotia Class 3 Driver’s Medical that is current within the last 3 months
- Proof of your education to date
- A valid Class 5 license level with “N” removed if on graduated licensing
- A Driver’s Abstract that is current within the last 3 months
Application and Financing Options
Our Admissions team is here to help you with any enrollment questions you have about the application process, and to provide information about financing options that may be available to you. Contact our admissions team today: 902-539-9766, (toll free) 1-877-800-6384 or email firstname.lastname@example.org