METI’s 7 week Construction & Oilfield Driver Class 3– Be Job-Ready with 18 Industry Certifications
& 2 Driver Endorsements, all in 7 weeks. Be trained to drive tandem trucks, cement trucks, fuel trucks, flatbed, vac truck operator, oilfield swamper and more.
METI trains with over 500 business and trade professionals. Our Class 3 Program was developed with input from industry professionals who continue to work with us, ensuring that you have the most hire-able skills in the industry. Your Nova Scotia Driver License will upgrade to a Class 3 Driver License which will include an Air Brakes Endorsement.
Our Class 3 Driver Course gives you MORE certifications and training. Certifications will be from METI, Oil Sands Safety Association (OSSA), Energy Safety Canada, Alberta Construction Safety Association (ACSA), The Canada Safety Council, Nova Scotia Dept. of Transportation, Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS), and St. John Ambulance, giving you a competitive edge for employment.
METI’s maintains real industry relationships.
“METI and our team partner to place operators with our shutdowns. METI are just awesome and find us CLASS 1/3 people who are interested in working Turnarounds.” Manager, Recruitment CEDA
Another of METI’s real industry relationships.
“Well Trained Drivers & Fantastic Service! Thank you METI from everyone at MAD Oilfield Solutions“
Graduates receive a Safety Passport with the following certifications and a Labour and Advanced Education approved Construction & Oilfield Driver- Class 3 Certificate.
- Air Brakes
- OSSA Basic Safety Orientation (BSO)
- Cargo Securement
- Vacuum Truck
- Class 3 Driver
- OSSA Confined Space Entry & Monitor
- Flag Person (Alberta)
- OSSA Fall Protection
- Forklift Operator Safety
- Power Line Hazards
- Hazard Assessment
- H2S Alive (Energy Safety Canada)
- Occupational Health & Safety, OH&S
- WHMIS GHS Training
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG)
- Oilfield Transportation (“Swamper”) Training
- Construction Safety Training Systems (CSTS) (ACSA)
- Professional Driver Improvement Course (PDIC) (Canada Safety Council)
- Ground Disturbance Level 201 Supervisory Course
- Standard First Aid with CPR/AED, Level C (St. John’s Ambulance)
Many employees are required to have OSSA certification, First Aid, WHMIS, Ground Disturbance and H2S Alive as well as their Class 3 license which are all included in the program, eliminating the need for additional training.
“When I need tractor -Trailer or tandem truck drivers I look to METI to fill the void” Joe Parsons-Owner Joe Parsons Construction
What do you need to apply?
- A completed application form
- A completed Nova Scotia Class 3 Driver’s Medical that is current within the last 3 months
- Proof of your education to date
- A valid Class 5 licence level with “N” removed if on graduated licensing
- A Driver’s Abstract that is current within the last 3 months
Application and Financing Options
Our Admissions team is here to help you with any enrollment questions you have about the application process, and to provide information about financing options that may be available to you. Contact our admissions team today: 902-539-9766, (toll free) 1-877-800-6384 or email firstname.lastname@example.org