< Back to Programs Environmental Health & Safety Technician Diploma
Environmental Health and Safety Technician Diploma Program
This 18 week Environmental Health and Safety Technician Diploma Program provides the certifications required to work at home in Nova Scotia, or across Canada in health and safety and environmental services. This program also qualifies under the factor 1 – formal education requirement of the board of Canadian registered safety professionals towards the CRSP designation.
The Environmental Health and Safety Technician Diploma Program also provides students with over 40 Environmental Health & Safety Technician certificates, opening the door to many opportunities.
Environmental Health & Safety Technician Program graduates receive certificates from a number of organizations including Buildforce, the Oil Sands Safety Association (OSSA), Enform, Alberta Construction Safety Association (ACSA), St. John Ambulance, Workplace Health, Safety & Compensation Commission of Newfoundland and Labrador (WHSCC) and Transport Canada. Our training follows standards that are in-line with Environment Canada, and the United States’ Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
“I received confirmation from the university today regarding transfer credits. Again, fantastic news based on METI Quality courses. Feel free to use me as an example for promo’s, etc. or even addressing your class on the possibilities after graduation.
METI has been the best training I have taken to date and since has helped me toward achieving my goals. E.g. CRSP designation and will complete my Ass. Degree in OHS over the next 6 months due to the quality of training METI provided and transfer credits allotted based on the high standards.”
Our admissions team is here to help you through your enrollment process. If you have questions, give us a call or stop by our campus on Alexandra Street.
- A completed application form
- An updated resume
- A transcript of Grade 12 marks (or GED) OR take a Scholastic Level Exam (SLE) at our campus
- An interview with our admission team (Skype, Google Hangouts or telephone interviews may be an option)
Our Environmental Health & Safety Technician Diploma Program provides you with state-of-the-art equipment, cutting-edge simulators, and knowledgeable instructors to provide an ideal training atmosphere for students starting a career or looking to upgrade their current skills.
Environmental Health & Safety Technician Diploma success story. Click play to hear.
Environmental Health & Safety Technician Diploma Program Description: Areas of Study
Section 1 – Occupational Health & Safety Regulations and Requirements
This section provides trainees with general occupational health and safety training. Training modules include:
- Occupational Health & Safety Representative
- Standard First Aid, Level C w/ CPR & AED (2 Day)
- Joint Occupational Health & Safety Representative (JOHS)
Section 2 – Construction Safety
This section is designed to give the students technical and hands-on training for various safety training requirements in the construction industry. Training modules include:
- Fall Protection
- Confined Space Entry
- Confined Space Rescue Training
- Hoisting & Rigging
- Lock Out-Tag Out
- Basic Blue Print & Plan Reading
- Basic Frame Scaffolding Erector & User
- Power Line Hazards
Section 3 – Oil Sands Safety
- OSSA Basic Safety Orientation Program (BSO)
- OSSA Fall Protection
- OSSA Confined Space Entry & Monitor
- CSTS (Construction Safety Training Systems)
- OSSA Fire Watch (Spark Watch)
Section 4 – Respiratory Safety Training
- Respiratory Protective Equipment (RPE/APR)
- H2S Alive (Enform)
- Gas Detection
- Nitrogen Safety Training
Section 5 – Computers & Career Development
- Introduction to Computers & Career Development
Section 6 – Road Safety
- Traffic Control Person (TCP)
- Temporary Workplace Signage (TWS)
- Alberta Flag Person
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG)
Section 7 – Driving & Operating
Section 8 – Remediation Studies
- Asbestos Abatement
- Lead Abatement
- Microbial Remediation (Mold Abatement)
- Radiological Safety
- Bloodborne Pathogens
Section 9 – Environmental Safety
- Hazardous Waste Worker
- Phase 1: Environmental Site Assessment
- Underground Storage Tank Removal (UST)
- Trenching & Excavating
- Ground Disturbance II
Section 10 – Safety & Environmental Leadership
- Hazard Assessment
- Incident Investigation Training
- Hazard Management Process (FLHA, JHA, JSA)
- Effective Supervision & Communication
- Substance Abuse & Awareness Prevention
- Workplace Violence & Harassment (WVH)
- Safety Supervision & Management Systems
- Safety Auditor
- Hazardous Waste Supervisor
METI Graduate being interviewed by a representative of Sulzer Chemtech Canada
Did you know?
Environmental Health & Safety Technician Diploma graduates Harold, Blaine, Paul M, Keith, Mike, and Paul K had obtained field experience and are now full-time staff and instructing at METI. Maritime Environmental Training Institute is proud that a large part of our team are METI graduates.
(CRSP) Canadian Registered Safety Professionals Designation
METI’s Environmental Health and Safety Technician Diploma program is a recognized Factor 1, one year OHS program for the Board of Canadian Registered Safety Professionals CRSP designation. Our program helps meet the formal education component in order to be eligible to apply for the CRSP designation.
Board of Canadian Registered Safety Professionals
The Board of Canadian Registered Safety Professionals (BCRSP) sets the standard for the certification of occupational health and safety professionals in Canada to create the healthiest and safest workplaces in the world. Professionalism, high standards, continuous learning, and an established Code of Ethics drive the BCRSP.
What to expect from our Environmental Health & Safety Technician Diploma Program
- Instruction from industry-experienced and certified instructors
- Training in a variety of safety-sensitive work practices
- Skills that are in high demand
- Skills that can be applied in a variety of industries
- Supervisory level training and certification
- Training in a modern facility
- Training in the usage of a variety of equipment
Environmental Health & Safety Technician Course Enrollment and Financing Options
Our admissions team is here to help you through our enrollment process and discuss financing/funding options that may be available to you. Come in to our Sydney Campus at 301 Alexandra Street, call us 902-539-9766 or email firstname.lastname@example.org