METI, in partnership with, Phoenix Safety & Rescue Ltd
. offers this 5-day course to prepare candidates for Rope Access SPRAT Level I certification. A successful candidate should be capable of performing a range of rope access tasks under the direct supervision of a more experienced technician.
• Understand and follow rope access procedures, work plans, and associated risk assessments
• Perform pre-use checks of personal equipment
• Perform a variety of rope access maneuvers
• Assist in rigging and other tasks, under the supervision of a more experienced technician
• Assist with rescue operations
• Understand basic rigging skills
• Inspect the integrity of anchor systems
• Able to tie anchoring, stop, and joining knots
Rope Access Techniques
• Ascent / Descent and changeovers
• Pass obstructions: knots, deviations, intermediate anchors (re-belay), and edge obstructions
• Rope to rope transfers
• Structure climbing: climbing with fall arrest equipment
• Understand rescue protocols
• Rescue a casualty in descent
• Operate a rig-to-rescue system
• Awareness of hauling systems
No previous rope access experience is necessary, however an appropriate physical and mental aptitude for technical tasks while working at height is of utmost importance. Participants will be asked to perform moderate to strenuous activities. Candidates will be required to sign a Liability Release Form and a Statement of Medical Condition confirming the absence of known medical conditions that might preclude their ability to safely work at height.
Please contact us at (902) 539-9766, or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
for more information or to book your seat in our next class.
Back to our Safety Training.