If you are working on a work site that has either trenches or excavations, you need METI’s Trenching & Excavating Awareness. Train to distinguish the characteristics and hazards that exist in trenches and excavations. Excavations have been described as any man-made cut, cavity, trench, or depression in the earth’s surface formed by earth removal. This can include excavations for anything from cellars to highways. A trench is defined as a narrow underground excavation that is deeper than it is wide. Our Trenching & Excavating Awareness will prepare you for work in and around trenches and excavations by providing you with instruction on soil testing, regulations, and industry standards and how to identify and control hazards.
Key Benefits to METI’s Awareness TrainingOur Trenching & Excavating Awareness certification provides you with the training industry is looking for:
- Instruction from industry-experienced and certified instructor
- How to properly conduct soil tests (visual & manual)
- Provincial regulations for shoring, sloping, benching and trench boxes
- Identify and control hazardous atmospheres lurking inside trenches
- Identify and control hazards that are common with confined spaces