Wildlife Awareness Training
Wildlife Awareness Training prepares you to respect wildlife, reduce encounters that could lead to its destruction and to deal with an encounter to protect yourself and those around you.
Training is for anyone who works in the wilderness or ventures into the woods for pleasure, whether for hiking, fishing and/or hunting. Even usually placid animals may inflict injury if under stress or in pain. Animal behavior is difficult to predict and may change without warning.
Wildlife Awareness Training prepares you for wildlife encounters with a variety of animals:
Wildlife Awareness Training Benefits
Our Wildlife Awareness certification provides the skills industry is looking for:
- Instruction from industry-experienced and certified instructors
- Training on wildlife which is prevalent in North America
- Identify and explain wild animal bevaviours and characteristics
- The hierarchy of controls to prevent or deal with wildlife encounters
- Instruction on bear ecology and behaviour
- How to identify bears, their signs and how to prevent encounters
- Training on defensive, non-defensive and predatory encounters
- Describe what you should do if you encounter an animal
- Hands-on use of bear spray
Your Wildlife Awareness Training Ticket/Certificate
Upon completion of this program, you will receive a wallet-size Ticket/Certificate, that will show prospective employers that you have the credentials.
Employers may require confirmation of your Certificate. We keep your records on file permanently. Feel free to have your prospective employer contact METI to confirm your certification.