CLASS 1 DRIVER – TRACTOR TRAILER PROGRAM
There is no better time than NOW to start your new career as a Class 1 Tractor Trailer Driver!
Last year (2022):
- Canada was short 25,560 truck drivers (January-March).
- By June, Canada was short 28,210 truck drivers.
- By the fall, 33,000 additional drivers were actively employed compared to the spring (11.8% more truck drivers on the road).
“The Canadian Trucking Association estimated that there will be nearly 50,000 vacant positions by 2027, a number that is alarming for the Atlantic Provinces Trucking Association.”
Global News, October 29, 2022
This 14 week program consists of 10 weeks at METI with 50 hours of Behind the Wheel time and 4 weeks of on the job training placement (Internship).
You will be provided with the knowledge, skills, and certification needed to meet the industry demands of a Class 1 Operator.
Click here to learn more about the training you will receive.
During the 4 week job training placement (Internship), you will receive a minimum of 100 HRS behind the wheel (BTW) time, complying with the Atlantic Canada Trucking Industry Class 1 Professional Truck Driver Training Public and Private Training Institute Standards.
METI maintains industry relationships across Canada!
- We train for over 500 business and trade professionals.
- We supply employers with professional Class 1 Drivers.
- Our Class 1 Driver – Tractor Trailer Program was developed with industry professionals who continue to work with us, ensuring that you have the most hireable skills in the industry.
Admission To METI Class 1 Driver – Tractor Trailer Is Easy And Fast!
To fast track your application, please bring the following to our Student Services Team:
- A completed Application Form or download the application by clicking here
- A completed Class 1 Driver’s Medical Form
- Your Driver’s Abstract
- Your Class 5 Driver’s License (In Graduated Licensing, “N” must be removed prior to start date.)
- An updated resume
- Proof of education completed
- A Criminal Record Check
- Essential Skills Testing (administered by the Trucking Human Resources Sector Council – as benefit to you, METI covers this $80.00 + tax cost)
When you meet with our team, we help you to get the required Letter of Intent (A non-binding Letter of Intent from a potential employer indicating that the employer would consider the applicant for a position upon successful completion.)
Congratulations Ethan and Maxime on graduating from our Class 1 Driver – Tractor Trailer Program. Great work! Thank You for choosing METI. Both grads have been given offers of employment and we wish them all the best in their new careers (January, 2023).
Our Student Services Team is here to help you!
- We work with you through the admission process.
- We provide information about funding/financing options that may be available to you.
Make an appointment with our Student Services Team now!
902-539-9766 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
SEE WHAT PEOPLE HAVE TO SAY ABOUT METI
Just finished my internship for my Class 1 Driver Tractor Trailer program and I learned so much and had a great time. So, if you’re thinking about getting your class 1, I totally recommend METI.
Thanks METI it was a great course with lots of knowledge passed on from the instructors.
Thanks METI it was a great course.
Thanks METI good course.
I recently completed my Class 1 Driver Tractor Trailer program here at METI. What an amazing program they provide. Besides getting your license, you also get some other amazing training with this program. I couldn’t have asked for better instructors. Thank for your knowledge, it will help me in the future for my career as a class 1 truck driver. Thank you to METI for the great experience.
Just passed my Class 1 Driver Tractor Trailer program today at METI. Very happy to have been in this program and I recommend it to anyone looking to gain so much knowledge omg the slotted time.