ESC Fall Protection Training (Energy Safety Canada)
If you are required to utilize fall protection equipment on Oil Sands Sites you must have Energy Safety Canada Fall Protection Training and be competent in the proper use, care and maintenance of fall protection equipment. METI’s Training includes practical exercises, class discussion, DVD presentation, written knowledge test, and practical exam. Enform Canada and OSSA have merged to form Energy Safety Canada.
ESC Fall Protection Training Key Benefits
Upon successful completion of the training program, you will be knowledgeable and/or demonstrate proficiency in:
- Eliminating fall hazards
- Legislation & standards pertaining to fall protection
- Employer and worker responsibilities
- Recent statistical information, workplace incidents, and the need for training
- Methods of eliminating, analyzing, preventing, and controlling falls
- Rescue and escape planning
- Pre-use visual inspections
- Reporting deficiencies
- Impact forces; Fall clearance
- Fall protection systems
- Fall protection system components
Your ESC Fall Protection Training Ticket/Certificate
Upon completion of this program, you will receive a wallet-size Ticket/Certificate, that will show prospective employers that you have the credentials. Employers may require confirmation of your certificate. We keep your records on file permanently.
Feel free to have your prospective employer contact METI to confirm your certification.
Other ESC Training Programs Offered by METI
EESC Confined Space Entry & Monitoring Training
ESC Fall Protection Training
ESC Fire Watch (Spark Watch) Training
ESC Mobile Elevated Work Platform Training
ESC Common Safety Orientation (CSO)
To perform work at heights on Oil Sands sites, ESC Fall Protection is required.