Power Line Hazard PLH Training
Power Line Hazard PLH Training will prepare you to work safely near power lines by recognizing hazards and putting controls in place to prevent injury to people and property damage. Power Line Hazards Certification is a legal requirement for operators of boom trucks, mobile cranes and other similar equipment. Our Power Line Hazard PLH course covers basic knowledge about electricity, electrical hazards, and safety measures when working in proximity to transition lines above and underground. Having your PLH ticket demonstrates that you know what to do when equipment becomes charged with an electrical current and reviews all appropriate legislative requirements. Some hazards of power lines include:
- The biggest overhead power lines can carry more than 700,000 volts, but deadly accidents occur with smaller lines that carry just a few hundred volts.
- Electricity will stray from a power line only if it has a direct path to the ground.
- Electricity could arc out of the wire to any crane or pole that gets close enough, even if it never makes contact.
- Work-related injuries are more common than non-occupational ones.
- Even regular folks trimming trees near a power line need to take care—wood isn’t as conductive as metal, but a stray branch can still transmit a deadly shock down the trunk.
Our Power Line Hazard PLH certification provides you with the training industry is looking for:
- Instruction from industry-experienced and certified instructor
- Reviews of all appropriate legislative requirements
- Procedures to follow when equipment becomes charged with an electrical current
Your Power Line Hazard PLH Training Ticket/Certificate
Upon completion of this program, you will receive a wallet-size Ticket/Certificate, that will show you have the credentials. We keep your records on file permanently. Feel free to have your prospective employer contact METI to confirm your PLH Certification Back to our Safety Training.