Skid Steer Operator Training
METI’s Skid Steer Operator Training is essential for anyone who operates a skid loader, skid-steer loader, skid steer or “Bob Cat”. Skid Steer Operator Training prepares you to safely operate skid steer loaders. Skid steer loaders are typically four-wheel vehicles with the wheels mechanically locked in synchronization on each side, and the left-side drive wheels can be driven independently of the right-side drive wheels. The wheels typically have no separate steering mechanism and hold a fixed straight alignment on the body of the machine.
From earth moving on a building site to landscaping a park to cleaning stalls in a barn, skid-steers can be found helping operators get the job done.
Skid Steer Operator Training Benefits
- Instruction from industry-experienced and certified instructors
- Regulatory obligations
- Classroom instruction and hands-on training in the anatomy of a skid steer, stability, operating the machine and hazards
- Instruction on reading and understand the operator’s manual before using the piece of equipment
- Training in following the manufacturer’s recommendations and specifications when operating
- Training and practice in pre-trip inspections, record keeping, controls and functions and Steering and maneuverability
- ANSI Safety standards
Skid Steer Operator Training Ticket/Certificate
Upon completion of this training, you will receive a wallet-size Ticket/Certificate that will show prospective employers that you have the right credentials. We keep your records on file permanently. Feel free to have your prospective employer contact METI to confirm your Certificate.
Other Driver & Operator Training Offered at METI
Forklift Operator Safety Training
Zoom Boom Training – Rough Terrain Telehandler Safety Training
Aerial Lift Safety Training – Boom Lift And Scissor Lift Training
Aerial Lift Operator Safety Training – Boom Lift Training
Aerial Lift Operator Training – Scissor Lift Operator Safety
ESC Elevated Work Platform Training Professional Driver Improvement Course – PDIC Training
Defensive Driving Training
Air Brakes Training
Cargo Securement and Handling Training NSC Standard 10