The hands on training is in a simulated working environment with industry experienced instructors, giving students the advantage of their knowledge and expertise.
The training site is over 10 acres…lots of room to play! Your training certifications will be from METI, Energy Safety Canada, ACSA, The Canada Safety Council and St. John’s Ambulance giving you a competitive edge for employment.
METI’S EARTHMOVING OPERATOR program prepares you to be Job-Ready with 15 Industry Certifications, including Backhoe and Excavator, 2 Driver Endorsements and a Labour & Advanced Education approved Certificate for Earthmoving Operator; all in 10 weeks.
Training time is valuable and we focus our training on our graduates being skilled, with a month of Driver Training, a month of Heavy Equipment Training and two weeks of Safety Certifications that are relevant to your career choice whether you are here at home or anywhere across the country.
METI trains with over 500 business and trade professionals. Our course was developed with input from industry professionals who continue to work with us, ensuring that you have the most hire-able skills in the industry.
The hands on training is in a simulated working environment with industry experienced instructors, giving students the advantage of their knowledge and expertise. The training site is over 10 acres…lots of room to play! Your training certifications will be from METI, Energy Safety Canada, ACSA, The Canada Safety Council and St. John’s Ambulance giving you a competitive edge for employment.
Pictured are the Excavator, Mini Excavator, Dump Truck and Freightliner. The Backhoe is pictured above; all equipment and trucks used for instruction in the Earthmoving Operator Program.
Graduates receive a Safety Passport with the following certifications and a Labour and Advanced Education approved Earthmoving Operator certificate.
- Air Brakes Training.
- Class 3 Driver Training
- Cargo Securement and Handling Training
- Professional Driver Improvement Course (PDIC)
- WHMIS 2015 GHS
- Occupational Health & Safety Act, OH&S (NS)
- Standard First Aid, Level C with CPR and AED
- Power Line Hazards Training (Workplace NL)
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG)
- Confined Space Entry
- ESC Basic Safety Orientation (BSO)
- Construction Safety Training Systems (CSTS)
- ESC Fall Protection
- ESC Confined Space Entry & Monitor
- H2S Alive (Hydrogen Sulphide Training/ Energy Safety Canada)
- Ground Disturbance 201
- Trenching & Excavating
- Intro to Heavy Equipment
- Backhoe Operation Loading and Maintenance
- Excavator Operation, Loading and Maintenance
- Dump Truck Operation
What Do You Need To Apply?
- A completed application form
- A completed Nova Scotia Class 3 Driver’s Medical that is current within the last 3 months
- Proof of your education to date
- A valid Class 5 license level with “N” removed if on graduated licensing
- A Driver’s Abstract that is current within the last 3 months