This program gives you the knowledge, skills and certifications needed to gain employment as a Skilled Labourer in a variety of work settings across Canada.
This 5 week program combines instruction with hands-on training to better prepare you to work safely and successfully, whether in construction, the oilfield, manufacturing or anywhere a skilled labourer is needed.
User & Erector Staging class in the METI Scaffold Yard
JLG used in Elevated Work Platform (Boom Lift).
Skid Steer Training
Scissor Lift Training
In Class Training
Interviewing for Eagle Canada at their job fair held at METI.
RPE and APR training.
Computer training in the lab.
One of the modern classrooms at METI
Some of the Safety Equipment for the Staging and Scaffolding training.
- Alberta Flag Person
- Construction Safety Training Systems (CSTS)
- Field Level Risk Assessment (FLRA)
- Forklift Safety
- Gas Detection
- Ground Disturbance; Level 201 Supervisory
- H2S Alive Training (ESC)
- Hoisting & Rigging
- Confined Space (NS)
- Basic Frame Scaffolding, Staging (User & Erector)
- Fall Protection (NS)
- Occupational Health & Safety Act (OH&S)
- Oil Sands Basic Safety Orientation (BSO)
- ESC Confined Space Entry & Monitor
- ESC Elevated Work Platform
- ESC Fall Protection
- ESC Fire Watch (Spark Watch)
- Petroleum Safety Training (PST)
- Permit to Work Safety System
- Pipeline Construction Safety Training (PCST)
- Respiratory Protective Equipment (RPE)
- Skid Steer Operator Safety Training
- Standard First Aid, Level C w/ AED and CPR (2 Day)
- Traffic Control Person (TCP)
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG)
- WHMIS GHS
Your training certifications will be from METI, Energy Safety Canada (ESC), ACSA, BuildForce, Transport Canada and St. John’s Ambulance giving you a competitive edge for employment.
What you need to apply
- A completed application form
- An updated resume
- A transcript of Grade 12 marks (or GED) OR take a Scholastic Level Exam (SLE) at our campus
- An interview with our admission team (Skype, Google Hangouts or telephone interviews may be an option)
Application and Financing Options
Our Admissions team is here to help you with any enrollment questions you have about the APPLICATION PROCESS, and to provide information about FINANCING OPTIONS that may be available to you. Contact our admissions team today: 902-539-9766, (toll free) 1-877-800-6384 or email email@example.com
Seen below is training in 4 of the 26 certifications you will receive in the Skilled Labourer Program.